Mental Health Advocate. Author. Public Speaker.
Kitt O’Malley is an author, mental health advocate, public speaker, and former psychotherapist who lives with bipolar disorder. Her personal experience and clinical background inform her advocacy and enable her to help herself and guide others toward mental health recovery. Kitt has a bachelor’s in legal studies from UC Berkeley, a master’s in psychology from New College of California, and has attended Fuller Theological Seminary.
Balancing Act – Writing Through a Bipolar Life offers hope to those living with mental health conditions and their loved ones. As a therapist who left her career due to a mental health crisis, O’Malley educates the public about mental health and fights stigma against those living with mental health conditions by challenging stereotypes.
O’Malley’s writing recounts her struggle with bipolar disorder, the two decades it took to receive a proper diagnosis, and how her journey gave her purpose. O’Malley balanced living with bipolar disorder with her work as a mental health advocate and caretaker of her son and parents.
- Padverb – Kitt O’Malley’s Interviews
- Billy Dees Podcast: Kitt O’Malley Author “Balancing Act Writing Through a Bipolar Life”
- Kintsugi Heroes: Becoming an Advocate through Bipolar & Depression with Kitt O’Malley
- Relatively Damaged by Damaged Parents: Kitt O’Malley – Living a Bipolar Life
- Live Well Bipolar: No More Secrets with Kitt O’Malley
- Revealing Voices Podcast Community Hosted by Tony Roberts: Kitt O’Malley
- Instinctive Talk: Kitt O’Malley
- Straight Talking Mental Health Podcast: Bipolar Disorder (Kitt O’Malley)
- OTR – Achieving Mental Health for Real: Balancing Act – Story of Recovery from Bi-Polar 1
- The Fully Mindful with Melissa Chureau: De-stigmatizing Mental Illness with Kitt O’Malley
- Crossing It Off The Bucket List: Get High Needs Child Off To College: Kitt O’Malley
- Creating Resilience with Ann Diment: Kitt O’Malley – Mental Health – Creating Balance and Living with Bipolar
- The Most Important Medicine: We’re Not Dangerous – Advocacy for Mental Illness with Kitt O’Malley
- The Jōrni Podcast – Navigating Mental Health with Kitt O’Malley
- The Be Ruthless Show: Balancing Act with Kitt O’Malley
- HIListically Speaking Podcast with Hilary Russo: Kitt O’Malley: Finding Balance with Bipolar Disorder
- Victim to Victory: “Balancing Act: Writing through a Bipolar life” V2V Interview featuring Kitt O’Malley
- You, Me, Empathy: Belonging, Imperfection, and Chaotic Households
- Listen More with Paige Krystal Wilcox: Kitt O’Malley
- It’s a Wrap with Rap: Kitt O’Malley – Her Lifelong Journey with Bipolar
- Unapologetically Enough | Unapologetically Overcoming
- Voices for Change 2.0 with Rebecca and Joe Lombardo: Author and Mental Health Advocate – Kitt O’Malley
- Moments of Clarity with Tiffany Werhner: Discussing Bipolar Disorder with author Kitt O’Malley
- The Natural Healing Reel Podcast: What It’s Like Living with Bipolar
- PodcastDX: Bipolar
- Huffington Post: Living with Bipolar Disorder as a Mother and Workaholic
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: Kitt O’Malley
- This Is My Brave: This Is My Brave Now – A Guest Post by Kitt O’Malley
- Stigma Fighters: Kitt O.
- New Life Outlook Bipolar: Kitt’s Story on Living a Purposeful Life with Bipolar Disorder
- David Susman PhD: Stories of Hope: An Interview with Kitt O’Malley: Your Life Has Purpose
- The Good Men Project: Kitt O’Malley
- Feminine Collective: Author: Kitt O’Malley