February 23rd on Facebook, friend and poet extraordinaire Ra Avis shared this funneling exercise that helps when you feel pulled in many directions:
- Write the names of five people you admire most.
- For each, write eight one-word descriptors that define why you admire them.
- Circle words that appear more than once.
- Put in order of how often they appear (most to least).
- Top three are character traits you’re being called to focus on.
- Compassionate (3)
- Creative (3)
- Brave (3)
- Love (3)
- Smart (3)
After doing the exercise, I realized that I live the attributes I admire. Yay!