No doubt it is absurd to think that donning a red nose may lift someone out of bipolar depression, but perhaps it will bring a smile to someone’s face. Maybe someone will hear that they are not alone, that others are out there fighting bipolar disorder. I am participating in the #MakeSomeoneHappy Challenge on behalf of the International Bipolar Foundation (IBPF). Follow and/or donate to them:
- International Bipolar Foundation (IBPF.org)
Want to participate? Here is how from IBPF‘s website:
- What: A challenge to make at least one person happy and to bring awareness to International Bipolar Foundation and our work to help the more than 165 million people with bipolar disorder
- Who: Anyone interested in brightening someone’s day
- How: It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3,
- Wear a red nose and video yourself telling them (at least one person) your wish for their happy day, then post it on your social media: “Hi [name], I want to make you happy today so I’m wearing this red nose. When feeling low or down in the dumps, remember this nose to relieve your grumps. I invite you to wear a red nose and make 3 more people happy.” Remember to use the hashtag #MakeSomeoneHappy and tag us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/internationalbipolarfoundation) or Twitter (@intlbipolar) . Don’t have social media? Send Heather at email@example.com your video and/or pics and we will post it for you!
- Be creative; use a Rudolph or clown nose, lipstick, a sticker, ping pong ball…your choices are endless
- AND ask people to make a donation to us at www.IBPF.org/donate when you post your photo or video to social media!
Please forward to friends, family and colleagues and ask them to participate in this fun challenge!