No doubt it is absurd to think that donning a red nose may lift someone out of bipolar depression, but perhaps it will bring a smile to someone’s face. Maybe someone will hear that they are not alone, that others are out there fighting bipolar disorder. I am participating in the #MakeSomeoneHappy Challenge on behalf of the International Bipolar Foundation (IBPF). Follow and/or donate to them:
- International Bipolar Foundation (IBPF.org)
Want to participate? Here is how from IBPF‘s website:
- What: A challenge to make at least one person happy and to bring awareness to International Bipolar Foundation and our work to help the more than 165 million people with bipolar disorder
- Who: Anyone interested in brightening someone’s day
- How: It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3,
- Wear a red nose and video yourself telling them (at least one person) your wish for their happy day, then post it on your social media: “Hi [name], I want to make you happy today so I’m wearing this red nose. When feeling low or down in the dumps, remember this nose to relieve your grumps. I invite you to wear a red nose and make 3 more people happy.” Remember to use the hashtag #MakeSomeoneHappy and tag us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/internationalbipolarfoundation) or Twitter (@intlbipolar) . Don’t have social media? Send Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org your video and/or pics and we will post it for you!
- Be creative; use a Rudolph or clown nose, lipstick, a sticker, ping pong ball…your choices are endless
- AND ask people to make a donation to us at www.IBPF.org/donate when you post your photo or video to social media!
Please forward to friends, family and colleagues and ask them to participate in this fun challenge!
[…] images, widgets and such. Design work can trigger hypomanic symptoms, and what goes up must come down. I grab onto a problem, try innumerable iterations, and finally find a solution which pleases my […]
I remember that T-shirt! Self-care is your number one priority, without a doubt.
One father and his daughter taped red foam flower stickers on their noses! You could also just be honest. As in, “I’m not feeling really happy right now, in fact my vertigo is making me feel ____ (nauseated? dizzy? but NOT ditsy). But I’m putting on this red nose to remind myself, as well as you, that there is hope, I will feel happy/silly, just not right now.” Or, just imagine yourself in a clown nose. Or, just remember that Tammy Faye t-shirt. Honestly, I think the campaign is rather silly. But, whatever works… Who knows?
I needed to see this….I’m a bit down right now…but had some good news just now, and I need to feel better. It’s hard to get pull out of it when it starts, but I am going to. Just having a hard time with my vertigo, and when that happens I get scared and then that makes me sad…and that can spiral. I’m not way down…but I can feel it going there. Time for some self care.
Wish I had a real clown nose, I just think I could still pull this off with a real clown nose. But if I just did the make-up like you, I think my sad face would show through.
Will try soon.
And yes I noticed the Tammy Faye Look. Haha
must tell this story. back when they were popular there was this T-shirt I just loved that I saw…made me laugh so hard….It had this smeared looking make-up face on it, and said “I just ran into Tammy Faye at the Mall!” It caught me off guard and I just thought it was sooo funny.
I may just do that…. Diane
I’m going to do this!
Rest up. But, wouldn’t your grandkids love it if you just posted a photo of you in a red nose!
It’s funny, I wish I was feeling a bit better because I thought what a shock I’d give to my kids and grandkids if I put something on facebook with some kind of a red nose.. but I just don’t have the energy to do it all right now… Diane
First thing I did after filming this video was take off the lipstick off my nose and the coordinated excessive teal shadow off my eyelids. HUGE improvement! My 14-year-old son would have died if showed up in front of his high school to pick him up looking like that!
You gave me a smile to start my day…. If the lipstick doesn’t all come off, you may be giving smiles all day!… (or some may think you have an awful cold!! Diane
Good! Mission accomplished.
Done. Awaiting moderation.
I kept expecting you to break out in song, Kitt! Like “Send in the Clowns”? (Wait, isn’t that a sad song?) Or “Who Let the Dogs Out”…..maybe “Happy”? 😉 XOXO Proud of you!
Glad you noticed the complete effect. Once I did the nose, I had to coordinate.
Thank you Kitt, you gave me a much needed smile today!!
p.s. I dare you to share this on MH Blogs on Facebook! ;))))
Love it, Kitt! I couldn’t watch your clip with a straight face – not only is the red lipstick killer, but the Tammy Faye Baker-esque eyeshadow rocks.
You made me happy – mission accomplished!