Today Cheri Lucas Rowlands, WordPress editor and author of Writing Through the Fog, wrote Drawing Insight From Your Annual Report. On December 30th, I used information from my report to thank my readers, especially my most active commenters – Dyane Leshin Harwood, Ellen Stockdale Wolfe, and Glenn Archibald. Here’s my recap and response to last year’s statistics.
- 11,000 people viewed this blog last year. Awesome!
- Readers came from 91 countries around the world! How cool is that?
- 392 pictures uploaded. More than I thought.
- December 5th was my busiest day with 210 views. Apparently I posted a lot that day, loading tons of photos to my site. Sorry to those whose blog readers, email inboxes, or Facebook newsfeeds got inundated. Well, at least I got 210 views.
- Flowers was my most popular post on December 5th. I guess I’m not the only person who likes pictures of pretty flowers.
- 222 new posts in 2014. Started blogging September 2013, gained momentum in 2014 and posted regularly.
- Longest streak of posting was 12 days from October 5th to October 16th. I was looking into volunteer opportunites and actively participated in Blog Action Day focusing on inequality and mental health.
- Best day of the week for posting was Thursday with 47 posts. I guess by Thursday of each week, I have something to say.
- Most viewed posts:
- Top referring sites:
Anyone else taken the time to drill down into their year-end results? Honestly, when I got the report at the end of December, I was in the midst of the holiday season. Now my kid is back in school, and I have more time to write!
Congratulations Kitt! It’s great to see the annual review like this. I am glad that wordpress makes it easy for us 🙂
I know. It was the last fact on the report, but I decided to lead with it, because I was so thrilled.
Thank you! I was thrilled to see that diverse a community. Wonderful, isn’t it!
Thank you so much!
Thank you. Perhaps it reflects my own growth. Now more hopeful.
This report and your interpretation of it is totally fascinating. You inspired me to take a closer look at my report and to read the blog post too. The fact of reaching 91 countries alone is a truly cool accomplishment!
91 countries is incredible. The world is lucky to have you writing.
Congratulations 🙂 it’s great to see your stats, and love the way they’re laid out. Lovin your blog … now I just need to make more time to read and comment more … hope 2015 is a GREAT year for you and your blogging x
I’ve noticed a few interesting places that I never thought I’d get readers from too, Which I found to be very cool! it makes me feel like I’m actually reaching out to the world 🙂
I love your new layout. I thought the photo you had before was a little foreboding and kinda triggered my S.A.D. I love flowers and what they symbolize. Great work 🙂
I didn’t, because my blog is so young. Very interesting to see your stats.