The Bipolar Network News offers fabulous articles about the latest research. I subscribe to their newsletter, which I’m sharing from my email. Sign up for more information at bipolarnews.org.
Latest Findings on Ketamine
- IV Ketamine 2 or 3 Times Per Week Improves Depression
- Mouse Study Shows That Ketamine Metabolite May Treat Depression with Fewer Side Effects
- Oral Ketamine Relieves Depression in Patients with Chronic Pain
Antidepressant and Antipsychotic Treatments
- Antidepressant Brintellix Renamed Trintellix
- Weight Gain is a Common Issue with Antidepressants, But Buproprion is an Exception
- SNRI Viloxazine May Be Reintroduced as ADHD Treatment
- Schizophrenia Drug May Treat ADHD with Impulsive Aggression
- Study Shows FDA Drug Safety Warning on Citalopram Backfired
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy May Improve Depression More Than Fitness Intervention
- Methylene Blue May Help Bipolar Depression
- Psilocybin May Improve Treatment-Resistant Depression
Depression, Stroke, and Statins
- Depression Elevates Stroke Risk
- Inflammation Linked to Post-Stroke Depression
- Meta-Analysis Suggests Statins Can Help Treat Depression
- Combination of SSRIs and Statins Better than SSRIs Alone
Nutraceuticals and Nutrition
- Certain ‘Nutraceuticals’ Aid Depression Treatment
- Creatine Supplements May Speed Up Response to Escitalopram, Improve Brain Connectivity
- Metabolized Form of B Vitamin Improves Depression in People with MTHFR Deficiency
- Carnitine Reduced Body Weight and Insulin Resistance in Women with PCOS
- Eat More Plants for Health
- Vegan Diet Can Lead to Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Tart Cherry Juice Improved Recovery from Exercise in Soccer Players
- Cinnamon Improves Memory in Mice
Pregnancy and Parenting
- SSRI Use During Pregnancy Linked to Adolescent Depression in Offspring
- Antipsychotic Use During Pregnancy Most Likely Safe
- Father’s Age, Behavior Linked to Birth Defects
- In Rats, Mother’s Exercise Habits Affect Those of Offspring
- In Small Study, High Intensity Light Therapy Boosts Libido in Men
- Cool Head May Help Insomnia
- Smoking Ban in New Jersey Jails Drastically Reduced Deaths of Inmates with Mental Illness
- TDCS Can Change Sleep Duration
Bipolar Collaborative Network
5415 West Cedar Lane Suite 201B
Bethesda, MD 20814
Sign up for more information at bipolarnews.org
Reblogged this on Kate McClelland.
I copied and pasted the email newsletter from the Bipolar Network News bipolarnews.org. Their email newsletter is these links and these photos. I only tweaked the formatting for my website.
Kitt you must have put so much time and effort in gathering this information. Thank you so much. What a treasure chest of information
I hate that stomach bug! I subscribe, but don’t read all the articles. In fact, I’ve done very little reading of mental health articles lately. Take care of yourself. Hope you get better soon. Love and hugs.
Lots of articles to read if you have the time. I usually peruse the titles…
I’ll check it out….
Reblogged this on Just Plain Ol' Vic and commented:
The only way to reduce the stigma associated with mental health disorders is through information.
Kitt has some great links here that could be of use, so please give them a look-see.
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.
I used to subscribe, but I’m taking a break. My psychiatrist lets me know about anything particularly useful from his PubMed subscription etc. Like you, I’m way too busy/overwhelmed & now sick (stomach bug) to do anything but sit on my derriere! 😉 Thanks for always sharing helpful info. Love you! Xo Dy
This is great, Kitt. I only heard of Ketamine a few days ago, so I’m looking forward to jumping in and taking a look.
Honestly, I’m too busy and overwhelmed to read them right now. Just great to know there is a resource tracking the latest research.
Thanks Kitt. Will have to browse through these.
That it is. Great information. Very scientifically sound, research based.
What a valuable resource!