Just updated my Mental Health Resources page, incorporating these crisis lines. Thank you, Hufsa Ahmad, for this excellent list of crisis hotlines.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Press 1, Veterans Crisis Line USA
Press 2, Se Habla Español
Chat with LifeLine
- Didi Hirsch’s Suicide Hotline (Southern California): 1-877-727-4747
- International Suicide Prevention wiki
- Suicide.org Suicide Hotlines
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741
- IMAlive.org Crisis Chat
- Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
- Suicida Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDA (784-2432)
- Asian American Suicide Prevention and Education: 1-877-990-8585 (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, and Fujianese)
- Boys Town Suicide and Crisis Line (for teens/parents/families): 1-800-448-3000
- Postpartum Depression Hotline USA: 1-800-PPD-MOMS (773-6667)
- Kids Helpline USA: 1-877-KIDS-400 (Kids under 18)
- Teen to Teen Peer Counseling Hotline USA: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (968-8454)
- The Trevor Project USA (LGBTQ Youth): 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (488-7386)
- Your Life Your Voice USA
Text VOICE to 20121
Chat Mon–Fri, 6PM to midnight CST
I’m so out of it nowadays. I didn’t carefully read your original comment. I wish your sister the best in recovering from her depression. You are wise to keep an eye on her.
It wasn’t my sister, but my sister’s friend. My sister is severely depressed, however, so we’re keeping an eye on them. Thanks for your support.
Let me know if in anyway I can help you.
Thank you. Updated my resources page. Love you, too. Just read that Cassandra Stout lost her sister to suicide yesterday. Heartbroken.
Thanks. Updated my resources, too, thanks to Hufsa’s post.
I am so sorry, Cassandra. My heart goes out to you and your family. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of losing your sister to depression.
Thanks, Kitt – I retweeted this immediately, of course….love you!!!!!!!💓🌹🍀
My sister’s friend just committed suicide yesterday. This is a timely and useful post. Thanks for reblogging it, Kitt.